Shawn is a Managing Director in the Business Transformation Services (BTS) group at WG Consulting. He brings over 16 years of experience in the Supply Chain field focused on strategic sourcing, strategy development and leading dynamic teams. Shawn has worked with multiple Fortune 500 companies and has experience in the energy and construction sectors. He has developed and implemented category management strategies for drilling & completion services, hydrocarbons, marketing materials, and construction categories of spend. Shawn brings several years of leadership experience and a proven track record of sustainable business results.
- Led teams across multiple industries and categories of spend to deliver long term savings
- Led a team of Sourcing Leaders focused on strategically sourcing $500 million in asphalt and chemicals. The team beat the market consistently from a total cost of ownership perspective allowing for profit margin optimization
- Supervised direct reports on sourcing projects for North America business units as well as re-negotiated drilling and completion services contracts within 4 months resulting in $50 MM (20%) savings. He also co-led contingent workforce contract negotiations for the US Onshore team, annual spend $200 million
- Sourced catalyst and chemicals valued at $200MM to ensure security of supply and lowest total cost to the refining business
- Developed and implemented contracting and procurement strategies for US onshore construction projects, and the annual spend was $300 million. He led a cross-functional team that sourced pipeline and mechanical construction services via a market tender of $160 million, realized in 15% savings. He was also accountable for oversight and steering of Procurement Managers supporting construction projects
- Provided industry analysis, price forecasting, contract pricing mechanisms, and market intelligence to create the Americas short- and long-term base oil supply strategy, annual spend $1.5 billion at Shell. He acted as the American regional focal point to develop the long-term global base oil supply strategy based on market analysis and Shell growth objectives for an annual global spend of $3 billion. He also led a cross-functional team that provided base oil supply flexibility for all blending plants, reducing capex costs