Roger Burks is the Chairman and Founder of WG Consulting. Mr. Burks is a CPA with over 40 years of business experience, including over 20 years with Deloitte and 20 years of experience as a senior executive in various industries. Mr. Burks’ experience also includes serving on both Public and Private Boards, funding new ventures and founding two management consulting firms. In addition to WG, he serves as a Private Equity Board Observer and Board Advisor for various private companies. He is an Advisory Board Member of the NACD Tri-City Chapter, a recognized National Association of Corporate Directors Board Fellow, and a founding member of the Private Directors Association. He also received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Houston Chapter of CPAs in 2020.
- Served as the Audit Partner on over thirty public companies. As Partner-in-Charge of Energy, he led significant projects for firm clients, including IPOs, acquisitions, divestitures, transformations, financing, and strategy.
- Established the structure of CFO organizations and staffed the functional areas (Accounting, Treasury, IT, FP&A, Tax, HR).
- Led all aspects of a successful IPO. Including, Roadshow, pricing and closing.
- Led public debt financing offering and bank replacement financing.
- Managed all financial, accounting, treasury, and shareholder/investor relation aspects of a publicly held company and served on the Board of Directors.
- Led the implementation of internal control documentation and testing processes/procedures for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Actively involved in systems diagnostics and operational integration to automate, streamline, and maximize cost reductions and savings opportunities.
- Led continuous close processes and financial transformations through automation.
- Led risk management programs, treasury management, 401k and stock option plans, employee health and benefit programs and addressing human resource issues.
- Coordinated teams of up to one hundred individuals on multiple engagement projects including internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley, financial reporting, energy risk management, acquisition due diligence, information systems consulting and special reporting.
- Securities and Exchange Commission experience:
- All applicable filings on Form 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, as well as proxy statements, comfort letters and SEC comment responses associated with various filings.
- Debt offerings on Form S-3 and Form S-4 (conversion of 144a offerings)
- Carve-out and initial public equity offerings on Form S-1.
- Responsible for all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting (internal and external consolidated entity and by product line, functional area, and location).
- Represented management and served on committees of the BOD, full BOD meetings and led quarterly earning calls.
- Served on Executive, Project Approval, SOX Steering, IT Governance, IPO Steering, Credit, Enterprise Risk Management and Disclosure Committees of various entities.
- Served as Executive Advisor and on a Board of Advisors for various emerging companies.