Ken is a Managing Director in the Firm’s Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) Practice. He specializes in assisting clients in designing and implementing the processes, organizations and technology platforms needed to support their Finance and Operations Enterprise Performance Management initiatives. Mr. Schesser has over 20 years of experience in the areas of Enterprise Performance Management, Finance Operations and processes, Financial and Management Reporting, as well as Business Intelligence solutions. His industry experience includes Consumer Packaged Goods, Distribution, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Telecommunications.
- Led the implementation of an integrated EPM solution for a $3.5B oilfield services company with operations in 20+ countries. Worked closely with Corporate Finance to implement technology and standardized operations and processes for consolidations, forecasting, planning and reporting.
- Worked with a $5B manufacturer to develop and implement an integrated driver-based forecasting and planning process. Identified $13MM in potential efficiency savings which were detailed in the Finance Transformation Blueprint and realized during the implementation and rollout. The project focused on establishing the appropriate level of detail and driver-based models, significantly reducing their planning cycle, improving forecast efficiency, and standardizing their allocations, organizational roles and responsibilities, reporting metrics, and terminology and definitions.
- Defined and implemented future state driver-based planning and forecasting processes for a $450MM Retail Management System (RMS) software firm. Worked with Corporate Finance to define to-be processes, requirements, level of detail and drivers, along with an execution plan for organizational change management including roles and responsibilities.
- Worked with a large automobile manufacturer to implement an enterprise EPM solution that included corporate planning and budgeting, plant forecasting and reporting, and an enterprise data quality plan to ensure delivery and operations of common definitions and one version of the truth. Worked closely with Corporate Finance to establish the future state vision, appropriate level of detail and driver-based models for forecasting and planning, as well as reporting metrics.
- Led the development of an EPM Blueprint and detailed design for driver-based budgeting, forecasting, and performance analysis and reporting at a large Telco. Identified $18MM to $28MM in potential efficiency savings and the future state architecture/technology, organization, processes, and requirements needed to realize the identified savings.
- Prior to consulting, served in various accounting, finance, marketing and sales support roles including account/customer and brand/category analysis/profitability, ERP implementation, financial and management reporting, forecasting and planning, inventory/warehouse management, and point of sales implementations.