Brent serves as the President of Consulting Services at WG Consulting. He is an operationally focused Financial Executive with over 30 years of proven success in leading teams, issue resolution, and business transformations for public and private companies of various sizes. He possesses a diverse accounting, finance, and audit background including senior management of regional consulting firms and senior financial management positions in energy related companies. As a Managing Director, Brent leads a team of professionals that provide strategic counsel and customized solutions to clients. Our team of experts support businesses with special projects, management consulting, outsourced departments or key roles, and operational support and training.
- Project Manager for various IPO Readiness clients (reverse merger and SPAC merger) including clean-up of accounting records and financial statements, converting financial statements to an “audit-ready” state, facilitating the external audit on behalf of clients, preparing financial information related to the SEC filings, and post-IPO requirements.
- Served as a CFO for a family office which included various real estate holdings and technology companies. Performed significant accounting clean-up, developed a new financial reporting structure for the beneficiaries, and worked closely with attorneys on multiple legal issues.
- Served as an Interim Controller for an emerging growth biopharmaceutical company and was responsible for reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements and SEC filings. Assisted with the reverse merger between my client and another entity by reviewing all SEC filings and related documents.
- Led and performed multiple ASC 606 (Revenue Recognition) and ASC 842 (Leases) implementations across various industries for both public and private companies. Responsibilities included project management, applying new accounting standards to business practices, and ensuring business processes and controls were established to comply with the new accounting standards going forward.
- Developed and implemented business processes, controls, policies, and management reports for companies in various industries ensuring that operational and financial risks were mitigated, and that effectiveness and efficiency targets were met.
- Developed and implemented a financial reporting and risk management infrastructure for business activities at HQ and international offices and successfully managed staff in these locations to produce daily and monthly management financial and risk reports.
- Served in various interim Sr. Management roles for clients including CAO, Controller, and Project Manager working seamlessly with the client’s management teams and leading client resources to achieve day-to-day results or to resolve unique issues or situations.
- Project Manager for the integration of acquired businesses located in remote locations. Activities included transitioning new business financial and risk data into corporate systems, reviewing acquired resources and either eliminating positions or assimilating resources into the overall organization, and incorporating new business controls and operational processes into established corporate processes.
- As a Partner in multiple management consulting firms, have been responsible for leading the operational and strategic activities related to business development, engagement oversight, labor costs, resources, collections, and internal processes.