External Audit Preparation Services
Preparing for an external financial audit is crucial, although often left to the last minute or forgotten entirely, by CFOs and Controllers focused on day to day business operations and whose departments are already bandwidth constrained.
By allowing WG Consulting to proactively project manage, organize and prepare ahead of the audit, and to then interface directly with the auditors during the audit, WG promotes stability, efficiency, timeliness and peace of mind to auditors, management teams and end users. Additionally, a cleanly executed and timely-filed audit bolsters board, institutional lender and investor confidence.
Engage WG to Get It Done Right
Our team of experts brings the experience and sense of urgency required to prepare for audits including reverse merger, initial public offering, acquisition and carve out GAAP/IFRS audits and S-1, S-4, 10-K and 10-Q filing preparation. We also collaborate extensively with private companies preparing for growth and transaction readiness.
Our project leaders are CPAs who were audit managers or senior managers at Big 4 accounting firms and then often moved into CFO and Controller positions before coming back full circle to financial consulting. They have “been there, done that” and understand the stressors, requirements and perspective of our clients. Other WG team members include former audit managers and senior associates that specialize in account reconciliation, financial analysis and accounting literature technical research.
WG Audit Planning Services
Our audit preparation services are broken down into the following areas:
- Conduct Audit Readiness Review
- Communicate and Plan with the Audit Firm
- Reconcile Accounts
- Prepare Audit Schedules
- Perform Research and Write Technical Memos
- Prepare GAAP/IFRS/SEC Checklists
- Prepare Financial Statements
- Prepare Financial Sections of SEC Filings
- Interface with the Auditors, SEC, or AICPA, as needed
WG Other Related Services
In addition to audit preparation services, often our services expand, as needed and desired, into other service-related service areas. These include but are not limited to financial optimization projects including:
- Assess and Reengineer Internal Financial Controls
- Analyze and Realign Segregation of Duties
- Assist in Selection of ERP Software
- Identify areas for Streamlining and Automation
- Implement FP&A and Consolidation Solutions (i.e. Host Analytics, OneStream, Blackline, FloQast)
- Prepare and Continuously Update Data Room
Practice Leader – Finance and Managing Director
Always be Ready to Transact.