Blake serves as a Managing Director at WG Consulting with 13+ years of experience in public accounting and consulting services including program management, operational and finance process improvement, financial transformation, FP&A, ESG, financial controls, SOX Implementation, and integration. Blake has partnered with both public and private organizations across a variety of industries including private equity, oilfield services, manufacturing, healthcare, consumer products, professional services, telecom, and government services. As a Managing Director, Blake leads a team of professionals that provide strategic counsel and customized solutions to clients. Our team of experts support businesses with special projects, management consulting, outsourced departments or key roles, and operational support and training.
- Led a back-office transformation for a $2B division of a private equity portfolio company, including the redesign and deployment of all 300+ individuals in the finance department. Project managed the shutdown of an underperforming shared services center and the optimization and redistribution of those tasks to three other existing global service centers.
- Oversaw and executed the design and configuration of a Corporate Performance Management application to standardize and improve the financial close and forecasting process by reducing number of manual processes required to consolidate the financials as well as increase controls and quality of data.
- Program managed a complex, multi-year carve-out transaction for a global services provider. Designed a project plan to govern the parallel actions of several key stakeholders and service providers and drove the establishment of new scalable business processes, assessment, and optimization of existing processes, and assisted with the implementation of a new ERP.
- Led the carve-out process of a spinoff entity with over $800 million in revenues for an oilfield services client, which included technical research and documentation, acting as liaison between client and auditors, preparation of financial statements and disclosures, audit preparation, and project management.
- Led a multi-year finance strategy engagement to standardize and simplify financial processes focused on significantly reducing cost of finance, improving enterprise data warehouse, and introducing business intelligence capabilities.
- Executed several corporate function transformation programs including current state review, future state design, process development, and implementation.
- Served as project manager for a government contract that included portal implementation, data warehousing, performance management, budgeting and planning and business intelligence.
- Completed several operational and financial transformations diagnosing process inefficiencies/gaps, developing improvement roadmaps, and execution of the improvement efforts.